Familiarity with how to use Windows 11 The PowerToys Screen Ruler will infuse your workflow with precision and ease. Microsoft PowerToys offers several helperswhatprograms to enhance your interaction in Windows 11 and Screen Ruler is one such utility.
Αυτό το εργαλείο σάς επιτρέπει να μετράτε γρήγορα και με ακρίβεια τα pixel στην οθόνη σας. Η μέτρηση βασίζεται στην ανίχνευση άκρων εικόνας, μια διαδικασία για την αποcover of boundaries within an image. You can get dimensions in a number of ways, for example by creating a bounding box and measuring its dimensions, measuring both the horizontal and vertical distance between elements, or finding only the vertical or horizontal distance.
Whether you're a designer, developer, or someone who cares about pixel-perfect accuracy, Screen Ruler is here to help. In this guide, we'll explore how to enable, use, and customize Screen Ruler.
And if you want to explore more PowerToys, check out our article about them three Microsoft PowerToys to install.
How to use Windows 11 PowerToys screen ruler
Note: To access Screen Ruler, you need Microsoft PowerToys. Read this guide how to get PowerToys in Windows 11 if you need help.
1. Activate PowerToys Screen Ruler
First, open the PowerToys appand after scroll down in the left pane to Click on Screen ruler. Change Enable screen ruler on.
2. Press Windows key + Shift + M to use Screen Ruler
To enable Screen Ruler, press Windows key + Shift + M and a toolbar will appear at the top with different icons:
- Bounds (Dashed Square Symbol): This is a rectangular box tool. Click This makes it a perfect choice for people with diabetes and for those who want to lose weight or follow a balanced diet.afterward click and drag your mouse anywhere to create a bounding box. You will find the pixel dimensions of the box displayed as you drag it. Type Shift to make the selection box (or boxes) stay in place until you close the interaction.
- Spacing (╋): This tool counts horizontal and vertical distance AT THE SAME TIME. Click the + icon and move your pointer in the desired position to get the dimensions.
- Horizontal Distance (━): This tool only measures horizontal distance. Click ο ━ icon and move your mouse on the target location to get the pixel dimensions.
- Vertical Distance (┃): This tool only measures vertical distance. Click on ┃ icon and move the cursor anywhere on the screen to get the pixel dimensions.
After obtaining the required pixel dimensions with either tool, click the main mouse button to copy the measurement. You can also choose the four measurement tools from by pressing shortcut keys Ctrl + 1 / Ctrl + 2 / Ctrl + 3 / Ctrl + 4.
3. Adjust the Screen Ruler tool
You can customize the Screen Ruler tool in the following ways:
one. Activation Shortcut: In the Activation section, you will find the Activation Shortcut where you can assign new hotkeys to launch Screen Ruler. While the default shortcut is Windows key + Shift + M, you can assign anything else that starts with the Windows key, Alt, Ctrl, or Shift.
si. Default Measurement Style: The Default Measurement Style drop-down menu allows you to select one of the four measurement tools as the default tool to boot with Screen Ruler enabled.
do. Continuous screen capture during measurement: When enabled, the tool uses real-time detection to continuously measure the screen. It's useful when you want to measure pixel dimensions while objects are moving on the screen (such as during video), but you can't take screenshots of measurements in this mode. When disabled, the tool takes a snapshot of your screen and allows you to measure dimensions on a still screen. If you use the tool in this mode during a video, your screen will remain static, but the video will continue to play in the background.
Hey. Edge detection per color channel: Enable this so that measurement tools are less sensitive in colors of the screen, so if there isn't a big color difference between two items, the measurement lines will run across them. Also, disable it to make measurement tools more sensitive to the screen colors, so even small color differences will prevent the measurement lines from crossing them.
m. Pixel tolerance for edge detection: This setting is a finer-grained version of per-color-channel edge detection. Adjust the pixel tolerance for the edge detection slider to precisely increase or decrease the sensitivity of the measurement lines to color differences.
eat Draw the legs on the cross: Enable this to add small feet to the measurement lines for better visual recognition.
G. Line color: Adjust line color to change the color of the measurement lines.
Now that you're familiar with the Screen Ruler, it's time to give it a whirl! In some of our other guides, we cover how to speed up windows 11, how to install android apps on windows 11and how to use Always On Top PowerToy.